Monday, October 18

Home Again, Home Again

I planned to post ever 2-3 days. I meant to post every 2-3 days. But I didn't. At the end of each day I was tired and lazy, and I had already used up waaay too much of Mum's download limit. So this is gonna be a long post.With lots of pictures, beacuse I can't decide on just 2 or 3. 

Thursday 7th - Day 2
We also bought a ticket to jump on the Sydney Explorer Bus, which takes you around Sydney, whilst giving commentary. It was very good.

Queen Victoria statue outside QVB wearing clothes
First we went to the Queen Victoria Building (thanks Random Rawr :D). The QVB is massive. Like, 5 floors. Then we hopped of the bus at the National Maritime Museum. I've always had an interest in those places...

Later that night, we went out for dinner at Darling Harbour.

Darling Harbour

Friday 8th - Day 3
Me at bondi. Proof.
We hopped on the Bondi Explorer Bus, similar to the bus we went on yesterday. Apparently, this house near Bondi sold for $52 million... whoa.

Because our ticket only lasted until midday, we spent the rest of the day wandering around the city, at Paddy's Market/Market City and on the monorail. I got a pair of pretty purple converse for $50. Cheap, cheap.

We jump of at the Paddy's Market station, and there are the Teen Choice Awards being filmed. Right in front of us.


Saturday 9th - Day 4

PARRAMATTA! We jumped on the ferry and headed out to Parramatta, where Westfield Parramatta, one of the biggest shopping complexes in Australia. And let me tell you. It was massive. I got a pair of jeans and a purple top to match my new shoes, from one of the thousands of floors.

We caught the bus back, because it was quicker. We get to the city and stop at some lights. I look out the window and see an Apple Store, so out comes the camera :P I love Apple Stores.

Apple Store!
Is it weird that I felt really cool (lol)  when I swiped my MyMulti card at the station and on the busses?

Sunday 10th - Day 5 (10/10/10)
The big day. The day we climb the Bridge. Because it wasn't until sunset, we went to Luna Park and wandered around a bit. We didn't go on any rides though.

If you can ignore the un-natural looking circle...
Wharf outside Luna Park
After that, we walked across the bridge, along the side of the road, on the footpath.


At the other end of the bridge was The Rock's Market. much better than Paddy's Markets. Did I mention that on the plane on the way over, my face cleanser leaked over my brushes and combs and my toothbrush and everything else in my toiletries bag, ruining (well not completely) the actual bag. Lucky it was in a plastic bag. Anyway, I got the most awesome make-up bag to use as a toiletries bag. It's made out of old plastic, which had Chinese writing all over it. I love it.

We got lunch at Circular Quay, then walked to the Botanic Gardens. They're pretty awesome. By now, our feet we're *really* sore and achy, so we caught a little train-y-ma-jig around the gardens...

Famous shot
Then wandered back around to where the Bridge Climb was to start and I wandered upon this little tunnel and I just had to take a photo. Also in this area was a ghost tour brochure and I grabbed one, as you do when your hyped-up-because-your-about-to-climb-THE-Harbour-Bridge. We got home and I chucked the brochure on the bed, walked out of the room, the walked back in and was too scared to go anywhere near the brochure because it had a scary-ish picture on the front.Back to the story though.

 I just *had* to take it.
We got to the place where you go when you're about to climb the bridge, checked in, and geared up. Our guide was called Bernie (I think) and he was very funny. The Harbour Bridge was definitely the highlight of the holiday, and I'll probably never forget it. (Before the climb I kept telling Mum and my aunties that I hoped I got the suit that Daniel Radcliffe wore. lol)

Monday 11th - Day 6
 I hadn't really been looking forward to going to the Blue Mountains, mainly because we were catching the train and it was to be a 2 hour train ride. The train turned out to not be that bad, because it was a long distance train. But the scenery was *beautiful*. We hopped on the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus to the Scenic Railways which was equally as beutiful. First we caught the cable car to the otherside of the valley. Then we went on the steep railway, one of the steepest railways in Australia. I loved that bit the most.

The railway. That's just the bottom of it though. It was much steeper.



We wandered around the rainforest with was beautiful, before hopping on the other cable car back up.

Tuesday 12th - Day 7
We were going to go to Maitland Gaol, near Newcastle, but none of us could be bothered with a 3 1/2 train ride, so instead we went back to the Bondi area. First, we went to Westfield Bondi Junction, another one of the biggest shopping complexes in Australia. It was a lot more up-market than Parramatta. It was funny beacuse there was a Louis Vutton, David Jones and Chanel all next to each other, then you look up a floor and theres Target.


The Gap
Then we went to Bondi Beach, but didn't swim. We saw some life guards telling off people for swimming in the surfing section :P

Wednesday 13th - Day 8
That day, I did wear my bathers. We went to Manly on the ferry, which had free wi-fi! Anyway, the beach was closed because of how how big and dumpy the swell was, but of course, there was a couple of surfers out there. Also, I discovered the frame feature on the camera.

On the ferry
Manly is much nicer than Bondi.

Manly - View from south

We pulled in to Circular Quay, and then out of no where, this massive cruise ship appears!

The Cruise ship - Sun Princess
Thursday 14th - Day 9
The last day :( We caught the taxi to Central Station, where we put our bags in storage. We went back to Paddy's Markets to get some last minute souveneirs, then to Darling Harbour for lunch (I had Subway - how gormet!), then the best bit... TO THE APPLE STORE! As I mentioned before, I love Apple Stores. Their glass walls, modern stairs, and iPad displays.

My aunty had this poncho thingy from Supré that was really pretty, and Mum wanted too see if they stil had some. Before walking in, I declared that I hated Supré (don't ask why), but the I saw this pretty green singlet I love. There goes that frame of mind.

We walked back to Central Station and caught a shuttle bus to the airport, where we got off, sorted out our seats, and went through security. Why does the thing always beep when I go through. Last time I went to Adelaide, they confiscated my favourite scissors. On the way too sydney, they were trying to work out what something in my backpack was. This time it beeped, and I had to take my belt off. I HATE YOU AIPORT SECURITY! No, not really. You keep us safe.

Beautiful sunset :) It was also a long long long sundet. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I was travelling west...
Have I ever mentioned how much I love aiplane food? Well I do. This time it was dinner they served us. I had Spag Bol while watching Toy Story 3 on the screen. Also, I think I may have got a good profile pic on the plane :) It was a much smoother flight as well, with not as much turbulance, but those clouds... they annoyed me so much.
__________________

During my time in Sydney, I did travel on some really nice trains that were newer though. Just thought I'd add that ^.^
__________________

What can I say?

I LOVE NSW! 
__________________


P.S. Yes, I took 4 days to make this post.

8 comments:

Jake said...

Hey, do you remember Piper (thepipersite.blogspot.com)? What happened to her and her blog? I know she had surgery at Disney Land, and she's been gone for 5 months, but why did she quit? Her blog was the best, and I really need to forgive her for being so mean. Do you know her e-mail?

Lily said...

PIPER! Yes, I remember Piper. I think she quit becuse people were being mean and just didn't believe her. I actually sent her an email the other day, but I'm pretty sure she doesnt check that email inbox anymore. I miss her.

Though on her CP cheat site, her mum posted this link http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/teampiper.

Her blog email was lemon2608@gmail.com, and that was the only one I knew.

You could always try asking Kristen (Queen Binawa) or some of her other friends if they know anything else.

Jake said...

Oh, and I was wondering if this was your old blogger picture or not:
http://www.reefteach.com.au/images/Clown_Fish.jpg

I was googling some fish for a project and found that.

Jake said...

Can you tell me the URL of the Marquee HTML code thing? I can only find it for text...

Jake said...

Hey, is your e-mail still clubharrypenguin@gmail.com?

Clown Fish said...

Hey Frangipani! I was wondering if you would be to to bad if I used "the Fish". I was going to use "Polka the Fish" but I wanted to make sure it would be okay with you first.

Jake said...

LOL, Foget my last comment. I decided on Poptart :D

Lily said...

okay! Good name!

And the marquee thing is the same as a text one, except where the text goes, you put the blog button code or whatever other code you want :)

ANd yes, that's still my email. Email me if you want to tell/ask me something that doesnt belong in a comment.