Friday, January 7

What I Want To Do When I Grow Up

I used to want to make movies. Then I saw Get Smart and I wanted to be a spy, as you know from the Title of the blog. Like a spy that runs around, looking around corners, with gadgets and protecting the country's secrets. Like in the movies.

Then I decided I didn't want to get blown up or die or anything, so I decided that I would do hacking or something.

I wanted to that for the longest amount of time. Like sitting behind a computer all day, scanning emails being sent

Of course I wanted to do all of that with "Australia's version of the CIA", because I had no idea what it was called. Then I discovered it was called ASIS/ASIO..

I came home from Guides one night and Criminal Minds was on. It quickly became my favourite crime show. And because it takes me forever to learn TV character's names, I kept saying "I want to be like the fat 'chick' on Criminal Minds when I grow up!" because what Garcia does (looking at databases for connections and stuff) was sort of what I wanted to do. That was like, last month.

And as I watched the actual profilers busting into houses and looking around corners checking if a house was clear, guns in hand.

I think I want to be a profiiler. It looks like more fun than Garcia's job, and you get to travel (according to the show. If you don't know, a profiler tries to get information about the person past tp find out why they might have done it, I think.I'm not very good at explaining things :P

Also, I want to have a job that makes me travel.

And I don't think that a profiler really counts as a spy.

What do you want to be when you get a proper job?



P.S. I'm not going to post for the next 6 days (not that that it would matter, I normally don't post that often anyway, so you wouldn't notice) or so because we're going down south again. So BYE!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

That sounds awesome!! I've always wanted to be a spy too. Being a profiler sounds great!! When I get a proper job I want to travel a lot too.
Great post!! This is my fave!!

Cassidy :) said...

i'm going to be all the wonderful things: writing, music, acting, photoraphing, living, breathing, climbing trees, and being a waitress. that's what i'm going to be when i grow up.

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

That's be so cool! I think I wanted to be a spy once (or was it a secret agent?). I want to have a career in writing: author, newspaper journalist, reviewer, or features writer.

Jane Doe said...

Haha It would be so awesome to be a spy! What is it about spies that is so admiRable anyway....?? But I agree it sounds like lots of fun!